Friday 18 January 2013

Salmon Cakes, New Menu and getting back on track...

Written by Linda Gauthier




Salmon Cakes with Dill and Parsley, topped with Garlic Aioli

Here is a recipe not on the menu this week, but it is one I like to make.  It's quick and easy. 

Ingredients

For the salmon

1 lb salmon, baked and flaked
1 egg
1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used water crackers)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tsp fresh dill and parsley finely chopped 
Salt & pepper
1 Tbsp oil for frying

For the Aioli

2 Tbsp mayonnaise  (I often use low-fat Greek Yogurt rather than the Mayo)
1/8 cup lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
Epicure Garlic Aioli
Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions

For the Salmon Cakes

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Scoop out about 1/4 cup of mixture and shape into a small patty.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Heat oil in large pan.
When hot, add salmon cakes, cooking for about 3-4 minutes per side.

For the Aioli
Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.

Serve with a green salad and possibly green beans and you have a light, healthy meal.



The flu has made a visit to my home this week, not a welcome visitor I must say.  Just like good old Uncle Martin, who comes for a 2 day visit, and is still here a month later, we are getting a little grumpy about this visitation!!!
As a result I have not been able to update my recipe links or write further articles for my blog, so please bear with me.  I should be feeling better in the next couple of days.  I thought I'd leave you with a little laugh and hope Mr. Flu leaves you alone, he is a nasty one.  Have a great day and keep smiling.

                       #humor


No comments:

Post a Comment