One of my very best friends in the world reads my blog daily, how's that for friendship! She has also recently purchased the Epicure Steamer, and to help her out, I'm dedicating this blog to Steamer recipes.
Now, you don't need to follow these recipes exactly, try different cuts of fish, different flavours etc. This is just a way to demonstrate to you the versatility of the steamer and what you can do with it. So, have fun, experiment, it is only food, what does not work one time may work with a few alterations the next time.
Epicure’s Steamed Salmon and Asparagus
A light and healthy meal — ready in under 10 minutes!
Makes 2 servings
Cost Per Serving: 3.23
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
2 tsp (10 ml) Epicure’s Lemon Pepper Sansel™
2 x 4 oz (110 g) salmon fillets, skin removed
1. Sprinkle asparagus with 1 tsp (5 ml) Lemon Pepper Sansel™.
2. Place asparagus in Epicure’s Rectangular Silicone Steamer and lay salmon on top.
3. Sprinkle remaining Lemon Pepper Sansel™ over salmon.
4. Cover and microwave on high for 4–5 minutes.
Here is a video on how to do it
Epicure’s Steamer Herb & Garlic Potatoes and Green Beans
Make this flavourful side dish in minutes. No added oil or fat!
Makes 2-3 servings
Cost Per Serving: 0.70
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 - 8 minutes
1 cup (250 ml) sliced sweet potatoes
1 cup (250 ml) sliced potato
1 cup (250 ml) green beans
1 tsp (5 ml) Epicure’s Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
This video shows you step by step
Epicure’s Steamer Coconut Chicken Curry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 - 10 minutes
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast or 4 skinless, boneless thighs
2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure’s Mango Curry Dip Mix
Epicure’s Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
1/2 cup (125 ml) light coconut milk
2 Epicure’s Kaffir Lime Leaves (optional)
1 small bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup (250 ml) finely chopped broccoli florets
1. Slice chicken into thin strips. Place in bottom of Epicure’s Square Silicone Steamer. Sprinkle with Mango Curry Dip Mix, Sea Salt and Black Pepper. Toss to mix.
2. Pour in coconut milk and add Kaffir Lime Leaves, bell pepper, and broccoli.
3. Cover and microwave on high, until chicken is cooked through, 8–10 minutes
4. Let stand, covered, for 1 minute. Uncover and dish up with rice.
Per Serving: Calories 200, Fat 12 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 50 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g (fiber 2 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 18 g.
|Tandoori Chicken bites, Vegetable Pakoras and Dahl|
Recipes are found on my blog
Here is a sauce I love making for pouring over chicken and rice. It is also wonderful over shrimp. Just prepare the sauce, then add your shrimp and cook for 1 or 2 mins until they are pink, using the steamer, of course.
Lemon Grass Steamed Chicken
Steamed Asian Fish
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 cup (250 ml) chopped kale or spinach leaves
Epicure’s Sea Salt, to taste
2 — 4 oz (125 g) halibut, sablefish or thick white fish fillets
2 tsp (10 ml) Epicure’s Asian Stir-Fry Seasoning
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure’s Red Pepper Jelly
1. Place kale in bottom of Epicure’s Rectangular Steamer and sprinkle with Sea Salt and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) water.
2. Place fish on kale and sprinkle with Asian Stir-Fry Seasoning. Spoon Red Pepper Jelly on top.
3. Cover and microwave on high until fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Let stand, covered, for 1 minute. Uncover and dish up with brown rice. Scrape any juices from the bottom of the Steamer and pour over fish.
Per Serving : Calories 170, Fat 3.5 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 25 g
Here is another video
2 Minute Popcorn
You can also make popcorn in the steamer and it is perfect. Flavour it with Maple Bacon Sea Salt, or Butter Rum, or how about Poutine flavour or Maple Sugar? The list goes on and on, wherever your imagination takes you.
4 cups (1 L)
Cook Time: 2 minutes
2 Tbsp (30 ml) popcorn kernels
• Epicure’s Popcorn Seasoning, to taste – your choice
1. Place popcorn in Epicure’s Rectangular Steamer, cover with lid, and microwave on high for 2–3 minutes.
2. Season with Popcorn Seasoning, and let the healthy snacking begin!
Per Serving (1 cup (250 ml)) : Calories 50, Fat 0.5 g (Saturated 0.1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 10 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 2 g.
So there you have it, a sampling of what you can do with the Steamer, it is fun, easy to use and versatile. The flavours are fresh and amazing, the cooking time fantabulous, the clean up a cinch and time in and out of the kitchen "lickety-split".
Soccer moms and students alike can appreciate the value of being able to get a meal on the table quickly and at a reasonable price. What's not to like? Healthy, fast food (not to be confused with "fast food") and not a lot of muss and fuss. It is so easy that hubby or your 7 year old can cook something up without the worry of burning the house down or the ruination of your best pots and pans. Bonus!!!
I always like to end my blog with a smile, so I thought I'd share this with you. Watch it and enjoy wisdom from a very wise young man.
It is called: "A Pep Talk from Kid President to You"