Cuban Style Beans and Rice
Yummy recipe, worked great, flavour was great, hubby's approval rate also great, overall a pretty darn good review.
To add to this dish, I had 4 oz of chicken breast and 4 prawns.
Here is what I did:
- I tossed the Epicure Cuban spices in my non-stick pan, warmed the spices to bring out the flavour;
- added some fresh chopped garlic;
- added the chicken breast first to cook;
- then during the last 8 minutes, added the prawns, cooked them until they were just about ready;
- added 1/2 c clamato juice and 2 handfuls of baby spinach;
- gave it all a quick stir until the spinach wilted and served it on top of the beans and rice.
By doing this, I added more protein to the dish and more color and texture. Bringing my point value for this dish up by 2-3 points, which I had room for.
written by Linda Gauthier Photos by Linda Gauthier