Tuesday 4 September 2012

Feeling spicy today, puttin a little wiggle in the jiggle

Cuban Style Beans and Rice

Yummy recipe, worked great, flavour was great, hubby's approval rate also great, overall a pretty darn good review.  
To add to this dish, I had 4 oz of chicken breast and 4 prawns.  
Here is what I did:

  1. I tossed the Epicure Cuban spices in my non-stick pan, warmed the spices to bring out the flavour; 
  2. added some fresh chopped garlic; 
  3. added the chicken breast first to cook; 
  4. then during the last 8 minutes, added the prawns, cooked them until they were just about ready;
  5. added 1/2 c clamato juice and 2 handfuls of baby spinach;
  6. gave it all a quick stir until the spinach wilted and served it on top of the beans and rice. 


By doing this, I added more protein to the dish and more color and texture.  Bringing my point value for this dish up by 2-3 points, which I had room for. 











written by Linda Gauthier Photos by Linda Gauthier

No comments:

Post a Comment