Written by Linda Gauthier
It has taken me a long time to learn to dance in the rain when it comes to most of my life's experience, but when it comes to cooking, I'm an accomplished dancer. I am so happy, I've finally come to the point in my life when I can truly dance in the rain.
The following dish is an example of how I often take an idea through to a recipe, and I must say I was pleased. This dish turned out better than expected. (a recurring theme, my husband insists) This was just an idea I had and built upon.
Sweet Chili Chicken
- 1 chicken breast, skin off. Cut chicken as if you are butterflying it, then cut into two pieces.
- Bread in crumbs mixed with spices. I used Epicure Selections Indonesian Seasoning with Panko Japanese style crumbs.
- Brown in non-stick fry pan, sprayed with non-stick oil. Watch closely as they will cook quickly because they are thin.
- remove from fry pan when browned, let rest while you prepare the rest of meal.
Sweet Potato Mango Curry
- 1 med sweet potato, washed and peeled, chop into chunks
- 1 apple. I used a Honey Crisp apple, don't peel, but do core. cut into 8 slices
Place sweet potato into Epicure Selections Silicone Steamer.
Steam for 3 minutes, add apple, steam for 1 more minute.
Place in saucepan
1 cup of buttermilk,
1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon coconut milk,
1 lime leaf,
1 tablespoon Epicures Mango Curry Dip.
Bring to simmer.
Add potato and apple, simmer.
Deglaze chicken pan with chicken stock or apple juice. Add 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, return the chicken breasts to the sauce, cook for approximately 5 mins until warmed through.
|Sweet Chili Chicken and Sweet Potato Mango Curry.|
This is served with steamed zucchini strips, snap peas and sweet jalapeno peppers. (my own recipe)