Tuesday 2 October 2012

Happiness is trying something new...








Linda Stone - Google+#113247668611486808611/posts





Written by Linda Gauthier

It has taken me a long time to learn to dance in the rain when it comes to most of my life's experience, but when it comes to cooking, I'm an accomplished dancer.  I am so happy, I've finally come to the point in my life when I can truly dance in the rain.
The following dish is an example of how I often take an idea through to a recipe, and I must say I was pleased.  This dish turned out better than expected.  (a recurring theme, my husband insists)  This was just an idea I had and built upon.


 Sweet Chili Chicken

Serves 2

  • 1 chicken breast, skin off. Cut chicken as if you are butterflying it, then cut into two pieces.
  • Bread in crumbs mixed with spices. I used Epicure Selections Indonesian Seasoning with Panko Japanese style crumbs.
  • Brown in non-stick fry pan, sprayed with non-stick oil. Watch closely as they will cook quickly because they are thin.
  • remove from fry pan when browned, let rest while you prepare the rest of meal.


Sweet Potato Mango Curry


  • 1 med sweet potato, washed and peeled, chop into chunks
  • 1 apple. I used a Honey Crisp apple, don't peel, but do core. cut into 8 slices


Place sweet potato into Epicure Selections Silicone Steamer.
Steam for 3 minutes, add apple, steam for 1 more minute.

On stove:
Place in saucepan
1 cup of  buttermilk, 
1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon coconut milk, 
1 lime leaf, 
1 tablespoon Epicures Mango Curry Dip. 
Bring to simmer. 
Add potato and apple, simmer.

Deglaze chicken pan with chicken stock or apple juice. Add  2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, return the chicken breasts to the sauce, cook for approximately 5 mins until warmed through.


Sweet Chili Chicken and Sweet Potato Mango Curry.
Products I used in this recipe:




This is served with steamed zucchini strips, snap peas and sweet jalapeno peppers. (my own recipe)




No comments:

Post a Comment