Friday 5 October 2012

On wards and Upwards, she said as she trudged to the bathroom scale...

No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side of things.




Today is weigh-in day, and I just know I'm not going to have lost as much weight as I wanted.  I have had a wonderful week, but it did include a lot of food and drink that was not on my diet.  My niece Jen had a party at her restaurant, and who can pass on a night filled with laughter and food for a strict diet, not me! Besides, part of the idea of this diet is to learn to live a fulfilling but healthy life, so I have to learn how to live within certain constraints and not treat life like it is one continuous Bacchanalia.
They sold their restaurant and she's moving on to a different career.   Her restaurant was, and is a wonderful place, food was great, customers were wonderful and loyal and sorry to see them go.  She and her partner Sam had created a wonderful business, but they both felt it was time for a change and when the opportunity arose they took it.  She is such a talented young lady, she and her partner are now opening a photography business.  We are all very happy for her.  Congratulations you two and good luck in your next adventure, we know you'll do great.
However, the party meant lots of wonderful food and beverages, combine that with a week with holiday food prep, an ego that is getting a little too lax in the vigilance department, and I can bet I have either gained some weight or at the very least have not lost any.  So lets see what I've done.


Nope!!!



No matter how I look at it, it stays the same, I did not lose this week.  Oh well, I did not gain either.  So there I go looking on the sunny side of things :)









So what am I going to do this weekend with Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie and turkey and wine oh my!!  I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  I'm going to enjoy the weekend.  I'll make recipes that include all of my favorite tastes and smells, all the flavour I think I'll be missing, but won't and it will be in my diet plan.  So say I.  I will make this work.  I know I can, because it's not all that hard when you stop and think about it, and remember what passes over the lips goes directly to the hips. 

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment