Smile, there is more to enjoy
Fruit filled Spelt Crepes
The following recipe is a variation of the crepes recipe I wrote about in my first blog. I've been trying to avoid using a lot of wheat products, so I decided to try make the recipe with spelt flour. The results are as follows:
- I found they turned out thicker, and slightly heavy.
- I also found, for some reason, they did not brown up as well.
- The flavour was nice, but as I said, they were heavy and quite filling.
- When I make them next, I will try with less flour.
I used a slightly different filling this time as well.
The following is what I used:
- Ricotta cheese with the zest of 1 orange, juice of 1 orange, Greek style vanilla yogurt, and fresh blackberries.
|NOTE: Instead of the whole wheat and the all-purpose|
flour I used 1 cup spelt flour
|Grilled Steak Salad with Lao chili cilantro Dressing|
|Lao Chili Cilantro Dressing|