Tuesday 18 September 2012

Smile, there is more to enjoy



Smile, there is more to enjoy

Happy



Fruit filled Spelt Crepes

The following recipe is a variation of the crepes recipe I wrote about in my first blog.  I've been trying to avoid using a lot of wheat products, so I decided to try make the recipe with spelt flour.  The results are as follows:
  1. I found they turned out thicker, and slightly heavy. 
  2. I also found, for some reason, they did not brown up as well. 
  3. The flavour was nice, but as I said, they were heavy and quite filling.
  4. When I make them next, I will try with less flour.

I used a slightly different filling this time as well.

The following is what I used:
  • Ricotta cheese with the zest of 1 orange, juice of 1 orange, Greek style vanilla yogurt, and fresh blackberries. 
The topping is 1 tbsp low fat vanilla Greek style yogurt.  The syrup is a fresh berry and mixed fruit.

NOTE:  Instead of the whole wheat and the all-purpose
flour I used 1 cup spelt flour





Grilled Steak Salad with Lao chili cilantro Dressing


Lao Chili Cilantro Dressing



No comments:

Post a Comment