Sunday 25 November 2012

Challenges, Changes and Constructive Conversations

written by Linda Gauthier


I have set a challenge for myself and that is that I try something new each week, or I should rather say, a couple somethings new each week.  At least a new recipe and a new activity.  I want to challenge myself to reach and stretch, to try stretching my boundaries, to try some things I may be uncomfortable doing.   What these somethings are, I have no idea.

I'm doing this because, for the first time in my life, I have the freedom to do so.  I don't have the everyday pressure of going to work, of having 3 children that need me to take care of their needs, nor to meet the demands of others, and it is a wonderful release.  I also have the desire to keep my mind active, and I am also of the age where I can still be physically active.

My first job, other than babysitting, was when I had just turned fourteen and a half.  In fact, I nearly didn't get it, because they were not legally allowed to hire me until I was 15.  It was a job working in a kitchen washing dishes, setting tables, serving food, earning a grand total of 50 cents an hour.  I was sure I was going to be rich, plus the other perk, it was at the boys' school.  For a 15 year old hormonal teenage girl, the money was secondary to the feast of handsome young men she was able to see everyday, and when you are the only young woman working there, you definitely have heads turning.  Great for the ego!!  One of the best jobs ever, however, I was not to know that it was only the first in an endless array of jobs over the next 45 years.  Now is the time I get to examine and learn who and what I want to be when I grow up and I am truly looking forward to this stage of life.

So today's challenge is the weigh-in, followed by making a recipe for  a dessert.  I have been asked to do a product review for a company called "Green and Blacks Organic Chocolate", and I will be making "Marquise Au Chocolate" this evening with some of the samples they sent me.  I will also be doing a couple more recipes with it this week.  I must say I feel quite honoured to be asked to do this review.

So here is the weigh-in pic for this week, let's see what I have done today.




I'm down again, so my goal is looking achievable; it is getting closer and closer and I just can't believe it.  My total weight loss is 28.2 lbs since September 1st and 1.2 lbs this week.  Steady and true and totally invigorating, if you could see me now you'd see me giving myself a happy hug and a doing the bum jiggle happy dance.  
Unless you have lived with the lifelong belief that you needed to lose weight and you thought it was impossible, you probably don't understand the pure joy you feel, when you finally are able to do it, and you do it because YOU want to, not because someone else is saying "you have such a pretty face if only...", or "if you lost that weight, you'd be happy...", or "if you lost that weight, I'd love you more...", etc. etc.

When I met my husband, he accepted me as I am.  Lumps and bumps and all my ups and downs.  I never felt it was necessary to change for him, because he always said: "I love you for who you are", but it has taken me until now to find the time to sit still and love myself for who I am, and what I can do, and to take some time for me, and that, I believe, is the change, and why it is finally happening so easily for me this time





reflect on this




this is cute.


Have a great day,and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment