Saturday 10 November 2012

Changes, seasons, appetites, attitudes weather pick a subject and it will change nothing is permanent...

Written by Linda Gauthier


Shorter Days Longer Nights, 

My garden in its fading days    photo by Linda Gauthier


With the nights coming earlier and mornings darker, I find I gravitate towards comfort foods, and foods that are higher in carbs all of which are not the greatest for my meal plans.  How do I keep on course and not feel deprived?  Strategically create foods that meet those cravings without the stodge, or usual carb and calorie-laden content, this can be challenging but also fun.


OVEN FRIED CHICKEN THIGH, RICE WITH RAISINS, MIXED SQUASH AND TOMATOES WITH GREEK DRESSING









These are simple recipes but the flavour is rich and helps to satisfy the need for comfort food, without all the calories.  I'm going to sign off and post some more tomorrow.  

However, I wanted to let you know about a new feature.
I'm happy to be introducing my cousin and friend, Loretta LeBlanc, who will be a frequent guest writer (I hope).  I'm looking forward to her recipes and contributions.  She lives on a ranch in the Kelowna area of BC, so she will be submitting stories about ranch life and some of her great recipes.

We will, in some respects, be the embodiment of the old story about the City Mouse and the Country Mouse, but I however am a country mouse at heart.  I'm excited to be writing with her and hope you will enjoy her stories and recipes as much as I will.  Her first recipe for homemade Greek Yogurt will be posted tomorrow.  I know I'm going to be trying her recipe this weekend.  I love Greek yogurt, like that commercial for hot sauce, where the little old lady says "I use that sh-- on everything!"  I'm that way about Greek yogurt, only I believe it is far better for you than hot sauce.  

So keep smiling, and enjoy these recipes, share your time with family and friends and be thankful for the small things in life that make it worthwhile.


HAha

Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment