Wednesday 10 October 2012

Moving on to new a new week, new adventures..




A weekend of Thanks
written by Linda Gauthier
Pinned Image
I love the colors of fall and the wonderment of where this lane goes


Whew!!  made it through the Thanksgiving  weekend.  It was fun and had a great time, and truly recognized all the reasons I'm grateful for my family and friends.  We are truly fortunate for all that we have and all those we love.  This weekend also brought home the reality that so many of our neighbors and people we pass daily on the street do not enjoy some of the comforts we take for granted.
Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be setting up a fundraiser for a local organization that does so much to help our homeless and working poor in the Victoria area.  My husband and I, for the last couple of years, chose not to exchange gifts at Christmas and donated the money we normally would spend on each other to 
"Our Place" an outreach and support agency for people less fortunate than we are.   Please watch for the information I will be posting as to how you can help, if you'd like to join me in this effort.





On Saturday, after my husband and I had been to brunch and were enjoying our day, walking and window shopping taking pictures of our city I spotted  this fellow.  He sat without saying a word, with great dignity,as others rushed by on their way to their dinners, jobs, family, invisible to many, and possibly to myself, if I had not taken the time to notice and remember I had seen him there the previous week .

I'm not trying to be preachy or say we should feel guilt for what we have but I'm thankful I do have a warm bed, a full tummy and family and friends to support me.  It could be anyone of us out there and at one time I did believe that is where I'd end up.  I had a vision of myself being one of those ladies we see in the park, wearing layers of clothes and pink slippers surrounded by cats and birds and a shopping cart near by with all her belongings in it.  It was not a future I looked forward to.  As do, I believe, many of these people.  Through government cuts, economic downturns, and misfortune we have a growing population of the invisible people on our streets and sleeping in our parks.  It is my belief that we can all work together and share what little we do have to help the few, who in turn may be able to help another. 
  
So any way on to the business I started to write about, this week's menu.


I can't believe it I'm starting week number 6, it has gone by fast.

  


.


I leave you with fall on your mind, cool nights and glorious days, wishing you comfort, good food and good friends.  Have a great day.  















No comments:

Post a Comment