Wednesday 10 October 2012

I said Thai not thigh.....



My version of a Thai Soup...
written by Linda Gauthier







I'm having a hard time getting back into routine this week, I'm not sure whether it was the holiday, the change in weather, my missing my family or what the heck, but today was a day of stopping myself as I headed for the fridge.  Strategy to keep hands out of the bread and butter put veggies in front of the toaster, fruit at the front of the shelf, put the cheese at the very back of the fridge, for the most part it worked, does it count if you inhale 3 handfuls of grapes for lunch?  I've got to get back into the routine though, I'm darn well not going to mess this weight loss up.  So I have now printed my menu off and put it on the fridge, the pantry and the cupboard door, overkill or what?

This evening's meal is real easy though, so I'll be in and out of the kitchen quickly, and away from temptation.  

Thai Chicken Soup

6 c Epicure Selections low sodium Chicken Broth
1 cup shredded left over chicken (no skin)
1 1/2 tsp Tom Yum Paste (I use Por Kwan brand from Thailand) 
1 sm pkg Chinese soup noodles (minus flavour pkg too much sodium)
3 baby Bok Choy
1/2 of a green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
mushrooms 3large sliced thinly

Bring broth to simmer, add shredded chicken and Tom Yum Paste, add noodles, when nearly cooked through, add Bok Choy, bell  pepper and mushrooms. The Bok Choy can hide a lot of dirt in it's leaves please be sure to wash carefully and cut in half before adding to soup.

I was also going to have rice and veggies with this meal, but decided it was not necessary after the grape fiasco.  In my original soup I was not going to add noodles.

I should however let you know, around 9 pm, I did have a small cranberry scone and black tea.  I lost the willpower battle.

Thought this was appropriate because of my cravings.


cravings


No comments:

Post a Comment