Wednesday 14 November 2012

What attitude will you wear today? It's all up to you..

Written by Linda Gauthier



I was in my early 20's the first time I heard Dr. Wayne Dyer speak, and it has been an ongoing admiration on my part of the wisdom and the life lessons he passes on to us.
The words that resonated  with me from that first time have been in essence; "No one can make you mad or angry, it is how you react to what they are saying or the situation, you are in control of your reactions." 

It took me several years to come to terms with that thought pattern, but eventually it did become part of me.  It helps if you repeat it over and over and over and over again, until you truly believe it!!  It truly does help if you can remember this, and practice this in your daily life.  It relieves a lot of stress.  I will not say that the old "hothead me", does not surface on occasion, but she isn't a daily visitor like she was in the past.   

So why am I telling you these things?  To be truthful, I have no other reason than that I saw this.  I love it and I do have a couple of friends out there that are having a hard time dealing with some anger issues, and rightly so.
I'd like them to picture themselves with the crown because that is what they deserve, a smile, serenity and a glorious big crown and the attitude to go with it.  So gather up the attitude girls, and strut your stuff because if you believe it, others will too.


So let's get on to the business of this food blog thingy.  



Portebello mushroom cheeseburger



I had a craving for a grilled cheeseburger, so I made myself an open-face grilled Portebello sandwich as a cheeseburger.

 Ingredients
1/2 of a whole wheat bun, 
1/2 a slice of natural smoked ham ( no preservatives, low sodium), 
2  Portebello mushrooms.
topped with soy cheese and low fat mozzarella 


  1. What I did was take the top portion of the bun, slice it in half again so I had two round pieces but not the calories of a whole bun.
  2. I washed, cleaned and removed the stem from 2 Portebello mushrooms, then I fried them in non-stick oil in a non-stick pan until fork tender.  Why did I use Portebello mushrooms? Because they are chewy and give the sandwich the consistency of having a meat patty.
  3. The ham was warmed in the same pan as the mushrooms.
  4. Toast the bun portions, place your mushrooms on the bread rounds, top with ham and cheese.  I also put a ring of onion on each sandwich, then topped with the cheese mixture and placed under the broiler until the cheese melted.
It met my need for the burger and it was less than 1/2 of the calories and fat content of having a cheeseburger.
  
Nutrition info:
Regular Cheeseburger with full bun:
473 calories
9 grams fat
1633.28 mg salt

My Portebello Mushroom Cheeseburger:
175 calories
2 grams fat
248 mg salt


Have a great day, I'll talk to you tomorrow.Keep smiling, like my little friend here enjoy the moment and let the past go.


Omg adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment