Saturday 15 September 2012

I used to make the use of the old joke I'm on My See Food Diet





I used to make use of the old joke "I'm on My See Food Diet" but now I can truly say I'm on My Seafood Diet.... 

Written by Linda Gauthier


I don't know about you but I'm mad about seafood.  I love all types of seafood and it is definitely making it easier to follow this diet.  Over the last few years I have found I have an increasingly difficult time digesting red meats.  I have no explanation why, only the fact that I know how my body feels after I've eaten a large steak.  The shame of it is that I love steaks, roasts, etc.  I have been known to have drooling sessions over a beautifully grilled steak.  I suspect it may be the hormones they inject the animals with.  I do on occasion eat organic hormone-free beef or bison and I have less difficulty with it, however, I still increasingly rely on fresh sustainable seafood and organic poultry.  For further information on sustainable fish and seafood please check out this link.

Here is my Bouillabaisse recipe:





I did make one change, as I forgot to pick up enough clam juice, so I added clamato juice, which I had on hand.  I think it may have added to the flavour as it was very tasty.

Please remember that if you are cooking with fresh shellfish, to be sure to keep them refrigerated until you use them and when you cook them.  Any clams or mussels that do not open when cooked, BE SURE TO DISCARD THEM, THEY ARE NOT SAFE TO BE EATEN.  In other words, don't be tempted to be "cheap"!

Bouillabaisse, Fresh Mussells, Shrimp and Halibut. 
The following photo is the leftover served over Soba Noodles topped with fresh Cilantro





No comments:

Post a Comment